Monday, June 4, 2012

Ridiculously pleased

Each day I visit my writer friend Mysti Parker's blog.  I enjoy her work and I appreciate how supportive she is of fellow writers. Today's visit brought an unexpected treat - I was chosen as the second place favorite in her May Flash Fiction contest!  Here's the link to my piece, Banished.

If you have time, read all the entries.  So many wonderful authors submitted moving works.  I've been impressed by the poignant moments each expressed in so few words, using the same writing prompt.

I like to win anything, so I've been beaming all day.  I'm going to use this as inspiration to ratchet up my Camp NaNoWriMo novel, Camp Vamp.

Thank you Mysti and all my other writer friends out there for your support and encouragement.

And if you haven't read Mysti's Serenya's Song, or her first, A Ranger's Tale, do yourself a favor and pick them up!

Happy writing!

1 comment:

  1. Thrilled that you were one of the top three!! Thanks for such kind words, and glad you had something to get excited about :)

    I'm working on your interview right now...

    ReplyDelete